Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Learning Challenge: Deskercise!

This week, I decided to challenge myself to Deskercising! Deskercising is when you do little things at your desk or while you're working to stay active and keep the blood flowing! It's important because it keeps you awake and focused while you're working too, and it's good for your health! I read 17 Exercises You Can Do At or Near Your Desk for inspiration and here's what I tried:

1. TMJ Exercise:
I really liked this one because I actually suffer from TMJ (or jaw pain) and when I get stressed out, the pain only gets worse because I clench my mouth so much! This move requires moving the jaw right to left about six times to loosen up! You'd be amazed at how much better you feel after with only doing something little!

2. Shoulder and Neck Stretches:
This move requires you to turn your head one way while you turn your torso the opposite way. It makes for a great stretch! My back cracked when I did it and I felt less stiff after!

3. Shake it Up
The final move I tried is the Shake it Up move. This requires you to shake out your wrists and hands every hour. When I write and type, my hands get cramped and this really helped relieve tension and cramping within them! 10/10 would recommend!

All of these moves and so many others helped me increase productivity and made me feel just overall better throughout my day. I highly recommend doing some to help you too!


Stress. Source: Pixabay

1 comment:

  1. Hey Peyton! I love these tips that you have to help get the blood moving again. I know for me when I get in the zone with my homework or watching tv, I get super stiff. So these tricks can really help! I definitely suffer from shoulder and neck pain when I study for long periods of time. I get super tense and forget to relax my shoulders, so next time I will keep these tips in mind. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, " 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People " and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good remind...