Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, "10 Reasons to Stop Judging People" and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good reminder because we often judge people as second nature and that really needs to stop. I think society has taught us that we're special so we make up reasons why everyone else is not. Let me tell you this: THERE'S ROOM FOR ALL OF US! It doesn't need to be a competitive world where only one person needs to win. We can all be successful in our own unique ways.

The article gives 10 reasons we should stop judging people and here are my favorites:
-Depersonalize: We take what a lot of people say as something directed toward us when that is most likely not the case. We need to remember they have a reason for saying and feeling what they do and it most likely has nothing to do with us personally.
-Look at your own behavior: Like I said before, judging people is second nature. But the more we catch ourselves judging people, the more we can learn and break the habit.
-Give the person the benefit of the doubt: It's so much easier (and better) to spread kindness rather than judgement. Let's all live our own lives the way we want to!

I'm going to try to implement these every day so I can become a better and less judgemental person! We should all do they same and remember to spread kindness as much as we can and love on one another! That's the only way we will be successful in the long run!


Empathy Quote. Source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, " 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People " and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good remind...