Sunday, January 21, 2018

Time Strategies

I'm no stranger to time managing. I am a student athlete, a member of different clubs on campus, and am a full time student which means I'm very busy throughout the week. I'm used to creating a study schedule that works with my schedule in order to be successful in all my classes. Sometimes it get's hard to balance and I end up procrastinating the work. Therefore, I read the article 'How to Beat Procrastination.' The first technique they talked about was to visualize how great it will feel once you get what needs to be done, done! I'm sure a lot of people can relate as checking things off the to-do list is so satisfying. Another technique is to commit to the task publicly. If you tell people you're going to do it, you are more inclined to do it! Procrastination is always something I can improve on. One strategy that always works for me when I have a lot to do is putting myself in a place where I have to do the work. If I'm sitting at home on my kitchen counter trying to do homework, it's not going to get done because I get distracted by other things. If I go to Starbucks or the library, I'm going to have to do my work there because that's the only reason I went and I'm less likely to get distracted by other things. Hopefully my time management skills get even better this semester during this course.



(Quote about time management. Source: Wikimedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, " 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People " and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good remind...