Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Topic Brainstorm

Storybook Topics:

The Nursery Rhymes topic has me interested because over the years, I’ve learned how corrupt nursery rhymes can be. Yet, we still pass them down from generation to generation. It would be cool to go in depth to see how they came to be, if they have been changed, and why they have the meanings they do. There are also many different types of nursery rhymes. They can be songs, idioms, poems etc. So it could be interesting to come up with many different variations of them as well. Link


Hawaiian mythology interests me because Hawaii is a place I have often visited my whole life. I’ve been going there ever since I was a kid and it would be fascinating to hear of all the stories that come out of Hawaii. It’s such an exotic place with such a rich history that I could know more about. There are many different stories to choose so I know I could find a lot of information. Link


The Irish ghost stories also intrigue me a lot. A good bit of my heritage is Irish and ghost stories are so fascinating to me. I’ve even been to Dublin and found it one of the most interesting places because of its unique history. Because the country is so old, there are so many stories that come from different places and people throughout the land. I can’t wait to read more about these spooky stories. Link


The Brothers Grimm are responsible for most of the fairy tales and stories that we are familiar with today. Although the versions we see in animated form are very different than the stories they tell. Most of the endings in these stories are twisted and it can be shocking. This would be something I find very fascinating because I grew up with these stories. However, since there are so many variations online, it might be hard to narrow down which stories I want to go off of. Link







The Brothers Grimm

Source: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, " 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People " and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good remind...