Sunday, January 28, 2018

Feedback Thoughts

As a dancer, I have received criticism my whole life. Sometimes it has been good and constructive, other times it can be a little harsh. I respond better to constructive criticism rather than negative criticism because I hope to improve on what I can. I read the article, "14 Signs Your Perfectionism is Out of Control" which was absolutely perfect for me. I've always been a perfectionist but as I get older, I'm more okay with making some mistakes. This article talks about the many ways perfectionism can get the best of you. For me, I would ever say it has ever been out of control. At times, I get frustrated when I'm wrong about something or haven't gotten something on the first try. That's when I need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and try again! The next article I read was "Why Rejection Hurts So Much." Rejection is never an easy thing to hear but unfortunately we hear it all the time. I apply for a lot of internships and positions around campus and sometimes it doesn't always work out, but that's okay because there's always something to learn from rejection. Also, I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason!

Perfectionism Source: Youth Voices



No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, " 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People " and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good remind...