Thursday, January 18, 2018

Growth Mindset

I've always believed in the power of positive thinking. My parents instilled it in me from a young age and I continue to carry it with me to this day. It can go a long way. Growing the mindset is a lot easier said than done however. When it comes to school and life, I tend to get very stressed out. This is mostly because I like to keep myself busy at all times and I don't enjoy being bored. When it comes to college, my mind is very different now compared to when I started school in the fall of 2015. I would say it's easier for me to adapt to different learning situations and conquer big learning obstacles. However, school has never been easy for me but I help myself by making sure I'm prepared for each of my classes. I'm not the kind of person who can not study for a test and still get a good grade. I have to put in the work to get good grades. Getting good grades is something that's important to me because I'm a perfectionist and I want to make sure I'm putting the best in everything I do. Getting a 4.0 is my goal for this semester. It won't be easy at all but I'm hoping that with hard work, I'll be able to pull it off.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peyton! I loved this blog about positive thinking. Being optimistic is the name of the game, especially when things in college get hectic. I always have to reevaluate myself and make sure I'm being positive, and once I do, things normally go better for me! There's no use in worrying or expecting the bad, and I'm glad you are wise enough to see that. I enjoyed this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peyton, this post was really encouraging. I think determination is key when it comes to overcoming obstacles. I also don’t do very well when I have a lot of free time. I enjoy being busy! I think you can definitely achieve your goal of a 4.0 GPA this semester through positivity, optimism, and hard work. Great post and I look forward to reading more of your posts throughout the rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, " 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People " and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good remind...