Monday, April 2, 2018

Tech Tip: Canvas Dashboard

Even though the university switched over the Canvas just over a year ago, I still am navigating all the features Canvas has. In comparison to D2L, I like it much better because it has so much more organizing and navigation on the website. One thing that I just recently learned how to do is change the class names on the Canvas dashboard. It was hard trying to quickly find classes and I would have to look at each course number in order to find each class. If you hover over a class with your mouse you will see three dots in a line in the top right corner. If you click on it, you are able to customize the color of your class, change your class name to whatever you want it to be, and more! It's such a convenient tool to have because you can customize your dashboard into whatever will help you feel more organized and successful! If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you try to customize your dashboard using this tool because it will help you tremendously.

1 comment:

  1. Peyton, great tip! I have actually customized my dashboard with different colors and it helps to keep me organized. I actually have my planner colors and my dashboard color matched up. You should check out customizing your canvas profile. I recently did a tech tip on this and it really helped me to customize my profile. Canvas is actually a really cool site once you get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, " 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People " and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good remind...