Monday, April 9, 2018

Learning Challenge: The Benefits of Sleep!

I read the article "Why Sleeping May Be More Important Than Studying" by Katrina Schwartz because I'm a big advocate of getting a lot of sleep. The article makes great points about how sleep can hurt you in school by saying lack of sleep can have a negative effect on test scores and academic performance. This doesn't surprise me at all. I know when I don't get enough sleep, my attention span plummets. I try to get close to eight hours of sleep per night. That isn't always possible with my busy schedule but as long as I'm in bed at a certain time, I know I will have more energy the next day. Keeping a consistent sleep schedule can be difficult but is very possible once you're in a good routine and budget the time in the day wisely so you can relax at night. My next challenge is going to be trying to wake up at the same time each day to make my sleep schedule even more consistent and regular.


Effects of Sleep Deprivation. Source: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, " 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People " and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good remind...