Tuesday, January 16, 2018

London is My Favorite Place!

When I was a senior in high school, I was able to visit my sister who was studying abroad in London. I took time out of my busy schedule to travel across the pond to see her and the city she called home for a semester. I absolutely fell in love with the city. The history is rich and the buildings and monuments are fascinating.

The most fascinating part was how the street layout hasn't changed. Normally, city streets follow a grid layout. London's streets haven't changed over time. A tour guide told me while I was there that if Shakespeare were to come back, he would recognize the streets but none of the buildings. I thought that was the coolest thing ever! I loved the city so much that I'm actually going back this summer for a three week study abroad program. I can't wait to explore more of London in the upcoming months!
(My sister and me in front of the Thames River and Big Ben!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is great, Peyton: maybe you will want to do a London-based project for this class! There are lots of different ways you could put together a collection of London legends. Then you could go visit those exact places this summer: that would be so cool!

    For the images, it's important to do the upload technique for adding an image to a post; sites like Pixabay block remote linking, as you can see here for your picture of Tower Bridge. But the upload technique works great! More about that here: Blogger Images: Always Upload!

    ReplyDelete

Learning Challenge: Empathy

I read the article, " 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People " and I think everyone needs to read this piece. It's such good remind...